Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Who Am I?

A simple question and one that has intrigued human beings for eons. It can be challenging to answer; often for women who’ve been socialized to nurture others and ignore themselves. Developing a thriving and empowering lifestyle is predicated on knowing who you are and being true to yourself. I began my discovery journey by purposing to take one small step every day toward identifying who I was innatelynot necessarily the person my parents, teachers, partner, children, religious advisors, work associates, or friends told me I was supposed to be. Figuring that out is a process, a bit like assembling a giant puzzle; challenging, exciting, and above all rewarding. I’m learning to accept each piece of information without judgment and simply add it to the collage. Another piece and another puzzle piece slips into view. As we identify and acknowledge who we are innately with honor and love, and move toward embracing and developing that giftedness, one step leads to anotherand we find our own path. The words of Collin McCarty speak to this:


"One of the best things we can do in our lives is this: begin again. Begin to see yourself as you were when you were the happiest and strongest you’ve ever been. Begin to remember what worked for you and what worked against you, and try to capture the magic again…sometimes all it takes is a wish in your heart to let yourself begin again."

No comments: