Monday, September 30, 2013

Lessons From Mother #7

Here are a few more tongue-in-cheek lessons from mother.

My mother taught me about meditation: “You will sit in the corner and not make a peep until I say so. I hope you'll learn something."

My mother taught me about expectations: “Of course we expect you to get all “A’s.” Do you want people to think your parents are dumb?”

My mother taught me about cleanliness: “Get in there and clean your room. When you can eat off the floor you can come out to the table and have dinner.”

My mother taught me about sounds: “We’re changing your instrument from violin to piano. All that screeching is pushing me toward a breakdown.”

My mother taught me about the proper attitude toward prayer: “You keep your eyes closed. I don’t want you seeing what people do when they’re supposed to be praying.”

No comments: