What can you do to combat FoMo? After you have answered those seven questions about yourself and FoMo (or other questions those may have triggered), here are a few strategies to consider.
1. Be honest about the extent to which FoMo is impacting your life and decide if that’s the journey you want to continue living
2. Learn to be mindfully aware of the moment and enjoy what is happening right now or consciously and creatively deal with it if it’s not what you want to be doing
3. Decide whether you want to follow the pack or lead the pack; get soaked at the back of the canoe or ride the prow—you may still get wet but the view is spectacular
4. Set clear guidelines about how you want to spend your time.
5. Implement clear boundaries about the use of social personal or professional media sites and the time you spend on technologies—then stick to those boundaries unless a life-and-death situation arises (and that is not what restaurant your best friend went to last night)
6. Learn to evaluate what is really important and what may be real but relatively unimportant in the big scheme of life. Then make choices with one eye on the moment and the other on how this choice will impact your life down the line
7. Realize that this is the age of technologies and the genre will only get more and more complex and evolved—so carefully select those that align with your desired goals and lifestyle and then use them in balance