Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Past Present Future (PPF)

Some people tend to live in the completed past; others in the anticipated future. Some learn to live in the present and utilize aspects of the past and the future in ways that gives them positive outcomes. Generally, regret and rumination are about the past; while worry and anxiety are typically about the future. Neither are productive or healthy. Learning to live in the present moment and enjoy what is happening right now is both an art and a science. When you combine that with a sense of lessons learned from the past and an awareness of how your choices today will impact your future can be both productive and healthy. I’ve learned to be increase my consciousness of the thoughts and self-talk running through my brain at any given moment. Once in a while I will catch myself ruminating about the past or worrying about the future. And I use different strategies to address those.

No comments: