Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Brain Frazzled

By request ...  The phone rang and the voice asked, “Aren’t you completely brain frazzled?” I chuckled. “If your definition of ‘frazzled’ is a state of being weary or exhausted or anxious or distressed, the answer is no. I definitely am not brain frazzled. “But it’s New Year’s eve!” the voice continued. “So it is, so it is,” I replied. “And your point would be?” A loud sigh by way of response, quickly followed by: “I’m always unmitigatedly frazzled as the year end approaches. It happens annually. I’ve just come to expect it. Nothing I can do about it.” Another large sigh. “Well,” I responded, “if you are expecting frazzled, your brain will bend over backwards to give you frazzled. It can only do what it thinks it can do and apparently you’ve taught it that it can be frazzled.” Now the voice blazed: “I called to get some sympathy and all I’m getting is ‘Brain Talk.’” I chuckled again—couldn’t help it. You have my empathy, but Brain Talk’ has saved my life. Try it. You just might like it. More tomorrow.

No comments: