Tuesday, March 6, 2018

FOMO Questions


If you think you might be struggling with a fomo (fear of missing out) phobia, ask yourself:

1.   Do I understand that a fomo phobia represents a mindset and perception of negativity, deprivation, or loss, all of which are unhelpful and not part of a Longevity Lifestyle?
2.   Am I know that each brain differs and that I teach my brain what is rewarding, which means I and can reteach it if my out-of-balance reliance on social media is giving me negative consequences now or is likely to in the future?
3.   Am I aware that ‘comparisons are odious’ as the old saying goes and that envy and jealousy can derail me and actually destroy my life?
4.   Do I often wonder if I am ‘missing out’ or do I realize that no one can ‘do it all’ or ‘have it all’ and that I need to be selective for what works for my brain?
5.   Do I spend so much time on social media sites that I ‘miss out’ on living a balanced Longevity Lifestyle, accomplishing my goals, and developing a healthy relationship with myself?
6.   Do I connect with others or overspend just to feel included or valuable?
7.   Do I have my own goals and projects that work for my brain or am I trying to be affirmed and or succeed by hanging on to someone else’s coattails, beliefs, or attitudes or by trying to live life vicariously through them?

No comments: