I enjoy heteronyms. A heteronym or a heterophone, as you probably already know, is a word that is written identically to another word but which has a different pronunciation and meaning. Here are a few of my favorites:
· The weather was beginning to affect her affect.
· He was an advocate for hiring someone to advocate for them.
· A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
· They were too close to the door to close it.
· Please do not desert me here in the desert!
· Do you know what a buck does to does?
· The dove dove into the bushes when it was startled.
· How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
· The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
· I’m sure he could lead if he would just get the lead out.