More "clever" sayings from a friend of mine. You may need to think a bit to catch the implication or the linkage.
- “I’ve lost a lot of weight!” Melanie expounded.
- “I keep banging my head on things,” said Ben bashfully.”
- “I’ll have to telegraph him again,” Ruth said, remorsefully.
- “I can’t get down from the mountain,” Ted alleged.
- “You call this a musical?” Des asked, miserably.
- “I keep on shocking myself,” said Jane, revolted.
- “Can’t you make the fire hotter?” Bob bellowed.
- “We’ll only sing in C and G,” the boys agreed, in accord.