Many things can be more effective when individuals use all their senses; especially the senses that use eyes, ears, nose, touch, and sometimes taste. The same is true of active mental picturing. Ask yourself:
- Can I see a picture in my mind’s eye of what I want to accomplish?
- Can I hear my internal self-talk about what I want to accomplish or imagine myself explaining it to someone else?
- Is there anything to smell about what I want to accomplish? If yes, what it is?
- Can I physically touch what I want to accomplish?
- Can I taste what I want to accomplish, literally or metaphorically?
The more senses you involve in your visualizing practice, the more likely it is to be effective. Part 2 tomorrow.