Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nik Wallenda's Brain

My brain loves seeing another realize a cherished goal, My congratulations to Nik Wallenda on his safe and successful tight-rope walk across the Niagara Falls. I visited this famous horseshoe wonder often in childhood, having lived on both the Canadian and American sides, at different times of course. Watching Nic progress one step at a time, my brain took me back in memory to the feel of spray biting my skin, the deafening roar from underneath the falls, rides on the Maid of the Mist, and wind that virtually snatched away all speach. I, too, know what it feels like to finally accomplish something you've wanted since you were age seven. Not coming from generations of acrobats as Nik does, my goal involved keeping my feet firmly planted on terra ferma, but in all seven continents one after the other--Antarctica finally being the last! What has your brain dreamed of doing? Go for it. Get started today!

No comments: