Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lessons From Mother #4

Every once in a while, often when at an airport, I will hear a parental comment similar to similar to those my mother used to make. Just last week, for example, I heard two comments that took me right back to my childhood. Here they are with a few more tongue-in-cheek comments.

• My mother taught me about foresight: “Be sure to put on clean underwear. You never know when you’ll be in an accident!”

• My mother taught me about irony: “Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in!”

• My mother taught me about cause and effect: “Keep crying and I’m going to give you something to cry about!”

• My mother taught me about receiving: “As soon as we get home you are really going to get it!”

• My mother taught me about compartmentalization: “What part of ‘I am not buying that’ do you not get?”



No comments: