Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Avocados and the Brain


I want to know if you eat avocados and if so, how that benefits your brain.

I am certainly willing to share with you what I do, however that does not indicate that I am recommending anything for you specifically. I put about 1/4th of an avocado in my morning smoothie every day that I am at home. (I don’t carry my Nutri Ninja with me when I travel, so in that case I try to eat a couple slices of avocado every day, if I am in a country where they are easily accessible.) Studies at Tufts University suggest that avocado can contribute to brain health as well as brain function. Avocado is said to be high in lutein, a substance that is linked with better memory and cognitive abilities. Avocado is also touted as a replacement option for animal-product cheeses, and can add that texture to sandwiches, burgers, and even some casseroles. More tomorrow.  
  

No comments: