- Life is serious business - so stop fooling around
- Life is hard - and then you die
- Stop laughing - it's disrespectful
- Life is a downhill slide into old age – and maybe Alzheimer’
- Quit being so silly - grow up will you
- Pull yourself together and stop giggling – you’re embarrassing me
For a child’s developing brain, these types of attitudes can lead to fear, discouragement, sadness, apprehension, and even anger--all of which can be a "fur piece" (as some of the old timers used to put it) from happiness.