Thursday, February 10, 2022

Questions to Ask Yourself

 


1.     Am I spending too much time on some types of social media and comparing yourself with what others claim they have?

2.     Am I clear that I teach my brain what is rewarding and therefore I can reteach it what is truly rewarding?

3.     After being on social media do I feel negative, sad, deprived, or inadequate, all of which are unhelpful mindsets?

4.     Am I clear that each brain differs and that I teach my brain what is rewarding and can reteach it if my out-of-balance reliance on social media is giving me negative consequences now or is likely to in the future?

5.     Am I clear that ‘comparisons are odious’ as the old saying goes and that envy and jealousy can derail me and actually destroy my life?

6.     Do I often wonder if I am ‘missing out’ or am I clear that no one can ‘do it all’ or ‘have it all’ and that I need to be selective for what works for my brain—including developing a relationship with myself?

7.     Do I spend so much time on social media sites that I ‘miss out’ on living a balanced Longevity Lifestyle and accomplishing my goals?

8.     Do I connect with others or overspend just to feel included or valuable instead of realizing that my worth is a state of ‘being’ rather than ‘doing’?

9.     Do I have my own goals and projects that work for my brain or am I trying to be affirmed or succeed by hanging on to someone else’s coattails, beliefs, or attitudes or by trying to live life vicariously through them?

 Course-correct (change the way you think and behave) as needed! 

No comments: