Monday, September 26, 2022

SAD Diet

“The other day a friend of mine asked if I followed the SAD diet, and I had no idea what she was talking about. She said her family tries to follow food recommendations from your Longevity Lifestyle program. I don’t know anything about either one of those diets!”

 SAD is an acronym that stands for Standard American Diet. This type of food selection is also referred to as a Western Style Diet (WS-Diet). In my brain’s opinion, both are dreadfully “sad” because they tend to result in lowered levels of health for those who follow them. In a nutshell they both involve a typical menu of highly-processed foods that contain added sodium, fats that typically include saturated fats, and added sugar often in the form of high fructose corn syrup. They are low in if not lacking in fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and lean protein.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor

 

No comments: