More tongue-in-cheek lessons from mother.
• My mother taught me to appreciate house cleaning: “If you two are going to keep on fighting, take it outside. I just finished vacuuming!”
• My mother taught me about time travel: “If you don’t straighten up this minute, you'll find yourself in the middle of next week!”
• My mother taught me about silence: “That does it! I don’t want to hear one more word out of you! Just sit there and eat your dinner!”
• My mother taught me about stamina: “Oh yes you will! You’ll sit there until every bit of food is off your plate!”
• My mother taught me about hypocrisy: “If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”