The State of Israel has been known by that name since 1948. But down through the centuries the territory has been known by a variety of appellations, including Judea, Samaria, Southern Syria, Palestine, Canaan, and the Holy Land, to name just a few.
- A slave shows his true character, not while he is enslaved but when he becomes a master
- Never approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side
- If there is bitterness in the heart, sugar in the mouth won't make life sweeter
- We do not see things the way they are but as we are
- When you are hungry, sing; when you are hurt, laugh
- What you do not see with your eyes, never invent with your mouth