Friday, May 15, 2015

Sitting-Longevity Link, 4

Based on analysis of the study, researchers recommended including at least 2 minutes of walking after each hour of sitting. This, naturally, is in addition to your normal physical activity which, they point out, should include 2.5 hours of moderate exercise every week. People often ask me if I get that much exercise every week. Generally, yes. I begin almost every day with 20 minutes of brisk walking (because according to Candace B. Pert, PhD, that not only helps to boot up the brain-body systems but also helps the body burn fat all day). Adding 2 minutes walking on my treadmill for every hour of sitting, usually takes me well over the 2.5 hours. Maybe not on long 14-hour flights, but I may be able to walk in place in the aisle for 2 minutes every hour . . .


No comments: