These types of words may contribute to making English a challenging language to learn for some individuals.
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
- Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
- A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
- Upon seeing the tear in the painting she shed a tear.
- A row erupted when the row of paintings was uncovered and two patrons wanted the same painting.
- It was my task to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Homographs: words spelled the same but with more than one meaning
Heteronyms: Homographs that are pronounced differently