Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Answer for EQ Question Five


Answer for EQ Question Five

ü Evaluate their comments, accept the challenge, and learn the lingo

No one brain knows everything. Period. It is impossible! And every brain that falls within the bounds of a relatively normal brain (although I dislike the term “normal” because every brain is different and the word itself just means commonly occurring) can learn new information if he or she chooses to do so. Asking them to keep their opinions to themselves just ensures that I will have no helpful feedback to help me learn and grow (unless they ignore that request). Since I am very clear that my brain doesn’t know everything, I am very comfortable chuckling and saying something like: “Obviously, I don’t know the lingo. However, I’m very willing to learn it and will appreciate any help you can give me.” And then, whether they help me or not, I learn what the lingo means in that genre. In the process, my brain will be stimulated and challenged for the better. Ignoring another person is likely one of the most unkind and damaging things one can do to another human being because it marginalizes them. Would I ever transfer to another venue? I have done so when it became clear that “knowing the lingo” was not the issue; rather the “clique” was unopen to anyone new in the department or to me in particular. Since my brain doesn’t cotton to every brain on the planet, I accept every brain won’t cotton to mine. It is what it is.

No comments: