Monday, July 12, 2021

Narcissism Questions, 1

These blogs are helping me identify some of my relationship problems and are giving me hope . . . it wasn’t totally “all my fault” after all any time I didn’t do exactly what one of my friends wanted me to do. Would you repeat a definition, please? 

There are more questions being raised on this topic than I ever expected! Glad to. Here it is.

Narcissism is characterized by a grandiose sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy for others, a need for excessive admiration and attention (even negative attention is attention), inability to accept criticism of any type, and a belief that one is unique and therefore deserving of special treatment in recognition of their perceived higher status—along with low self-esteem that may be camouflaged. They tend to devalue, derogate, insult, and blame others, often responding to threatening feedback with anger and hostility. In severe cases, the individual views everyone as inferior and may be intolerant of being asked any questions or of any disagreements. More tomorrow. 

No comments: