Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Second Impression

Is it true you never get a second chance to make a good first impression?

Do the math. There is only one “first” of anything. What impression are you wanting to make about yourself? Think about what your brain tells you when you first meet others? How does their appearance factor into your 1st impression? The same may be true for others who are seeing you for the first time. For example, I never go out with my hair uncombed or in rollers. I am not particularly “casual” in my dress so you would never see me in jeans and a T-shirt. I usually wear makeup to define my pale skin. When meeting someone, I typically smile. The brain tends to make a different assessment when a face is smiling rather than angry, grim, or even stoic. Hand-shaking may becoming a thing of the past. However, I am very comfortable with a fist pump. A willingness to “touch” suggests openness and affirmation.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor 

No comments: