Monday, April 24, 2023

Anthropomorphizing

We have Great Dane that has been wonderful pet for the first year. Lately he is humping everything he can reach, animate or inanimate, and being really obnoxious. In order to address this behavior, the vet said he needs to be neutered as he has abnormally high levels of testosterone. My husband refuses to even consider that. What is wrong with his brain? My husband’s, not the dog’s.

My guess is that this might involve something known as anthropomorphism. Wikipedia’s definition is the attribution of human traits, emotions, or intentions to non-human entities. It is considered to be an innate tendency of human psychology. It has ancient roots in storytelling and other artistic devices. More tomorrow.

I would appreciate you to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor

 

No comments: