Tuesday, April 11, 2023

What I do - 2

My two favorite breakfasts are old fashion rolled oat cereal with a few raisins, cranberries, and cinnamon that I make in 2-3 helpings at a time, and vegan gluten-free waffles. For several years I bought waffles from the frozen food section in the grocery store and recently read the ingredients. No more! Instead, I purchased a DASH four-round-waffle maker from Amazon.com. Once a month or so I mix up a double or triple batch of batter using my healthier waffle recipe. I make the waffles four-at-a time and freeze them two at a time. It’s fast and easy to remove them from the freezer, pop them into my toaster on the defrost setting, and then eat them with blueberries or applesauce on top. Inasmuch as I aim to be a supercentenarian (older than age 110) with good mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and relational functions, it’s the only way to go for me. Choosing healthier options and thinking ahead is first and foremost a mindset.

[https://www.arlenetaylor.org/resources/recipes-left-menu/73-bread-n-breakfast/9006-taylor-s-vegan-hi-protein-pancakes] 

No comments: