I’ve received several more examples of tongue-in-cheek lessons from mother so here is another set. Do any of them bring back memories?
• My mother taught me about mind reading: “Put on your jacket. Don’t you think I know when you’re cold?”
• My mother taught me about maturity: “If you don’t eat all your vegetables, you’ll never grow up!”
• My mother taught me about my roots: “Shut the door behind you! Do you think you were born in a barn?”
• My mother taught me wisdom: “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
• My mother taught me about justice: “One day when you have kids, I hope they turn out just like you.”