Growing up, what I learned about Russia came from the music of Russian composers that I played in my study of music and stories about Siberia. And the Tzar’s amazing Fabergé Easter eggs. Oh yes, and a few movies like “Dr. Zhivago.”
These are few Russian proverbs.
- Absentmindedness is searching for the horse you are riding
- A fly cannot enter a closed mouth
- Happiness is not a horse; you cannot harness it
- If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one
- If you don't have time to do it right you must have time to do it over
- Take your thoughts to bed with you, for the morning is wiser than the evening