As you know, The United Mexican States share a rather very large Southern border with the United States of America (as does the Dominion of Canada on the Northern side). For years, as a child in Canada, I pictured the USA as the ‘sandwich filling.’ When I grew older and moved to the USA with my parents, I laughed at the size of the 'sandwich filling.'
Here are a few proverbs from Mexico.
- A gilded cage is still a cage
- All time spent angry is time lost being happy.
- If you build a wall around your suffering it may devour you from the inside
- Remember that every tic-toc tic-toc of the clock is a second of life that goes by and never repeats itself
- Although a monkey may be dressed in silk—it’s still a monkey
- Do good and don't worry to whom