Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Cisgender vs Transgender

I don’t understand what transsexual even means, much less transgender or cisgender! Can you help me figure this out? I am completely at sea, and I want to avoid making a mistake. 

Transgender is an all-encompassing term. Metaphorically, compare it with the term automobile of which there are differing types: Ford, Honda, BMW, Tesla, to name a few. All BMWs are automobiles; not all automobiles are BMWs. Using that metaphor, all transsexuals are transgenders, but not all transgenders are transsexuals. Transgender is a term to describe individuals who have a strong need and desire to identify with a gender opposite from their birth gender. Avoid guessing about transgender subgroups. If someone wants you to know their specific type, that is their choice. Otherwise, I do not consider it any of my business. First and foremost, human beings are human beings. Opposite from the term transgender, Cisgender identifies people who are comfortable with their birth gender. The majority of humans on Planet Earth identify as Cisgender.

I appreciate you subscribing to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor

 

No comments: