Monday, March 27, 2023

Aphantasia

What in the world is Aphantasia? I heard some people have it. but I did not understand the explanation. How would I know if I have it?

Aphantasia is described as an inability to form mental images of objects that are not present. Think of the word fantasy. Imagine what sleeping beauty looks like at Disneyland. What do you see in your mind’s eye? Imagine that the early morning sun is shining on the Empire State Building in New York City. What do you see in your mind’s eye. Imagine the face of a person you love dearly. What do you see in your mind’s eye? "if counting sheep is an abstract concept, or you are unable to visualize the faces of loved ones, you could have aphantasia. An estimated 1-3% of human beings see nothing in their imagination or mind’s eye.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor 

No comments: