Sunday, January 6, 2013

Brain Foods? Maybe Not so Much!

Stanley Harris MD just sent me an e-mail with the note:  "To be healthier in 2013, enjoy eating natural, unprocessed, unrefined food!" He knows that one of my life goals is to eat for my brain and that definitely includes moving toward unprocessed and unrefined foods. Dr. Harris included a link to a site that lists the 10 worst food ingredients (nine of which were already on my to-avoid list). Thank you, Stan.

In the opinion of the underground health reporter, the 10 worst food ingredients are:

1.   Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
2.   Aspertame
3.   High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
4.   Agave Nectar
5.   Artificial Food Coloring
6.   BHA and BHT
7.   Sodium Nitrite and Sodim Nitrate
8.   Potassium Bromate
9.   Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH)
10. Refined vegetable oil


I have included the link in case you want to do some further exploration. Food for thought, anyway (and I use the term food very loosely):
http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/the-10-worst-food-ingredients#ixzz2GOQByadQ

No comments: