Sunday, January 13, 2013

Brain Perspectives

Aren't you fascinated about  the way in which two brains can perceive something so differently? It's a continual source of awe, amazement, and amusement to me. Standing in line at Trader Joe's the other day, I overheard a conversation that went like this.

Person A: "I just read an article that said when you take 100 mg of Vitamin C your body absorbs 90% of it. But when you take 500 mg your body only absorbs 50% of it. So I'm going to take 100 mg a day so I can get 90% absorption." 

Person B: "Interesting. That means I need to take 1,000 mg a day." 

Person A: "But you'll only get 50% absorption. Better to take 100 mg and get 90% absorption." 

Person B: "I want 500 mg a day, not 90 mg." 

Person A: "But 90% absorption is better than 50% absorption . . ."

By then I was through the check-out line and chuckling all the way to my car.

No comments: