Here are more “tongue-in-cheek lessons.” Did you hear any of these growing up?
• My mother taught me about anticipation: “Just wait until I get you home!”
• My mother taught me about runway modeling: “Get back in your room and don’t come out again until you put on some decent clothes!”
• My mother taught me about genetics: “You are just like your father!”
• My mother taught me about humor: “When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me!”
• My mother taught me about envy: “There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do!”