Wednesday, January 13, 2016

‘Big Is Beautiful’

You understand that what people weigh is none of my business and I refrain from making comments unless I am asked to do so. Big is beautiful. Giraffes, for example. I loved feeding a couple of 18-feet-tall specimens weighing almost a ton (each) and their purple tongue nearly 2 feet long. And elephants. I loved getting up close and personal with some of them in Africa. African bush Elephants are the largest the largest mammals on land, weighing up to nearly 7 tons, eating 80,000 pus calories each day, and drinking between 20 and 50 gallons of water depending on the temperature of the air. And I think the wandering Albatross is a beauty, too, with a wingspan that can reach 12 feet.  Recently I overheard several comments such as: “Big is beautiful!” and “What’s so bad about being big, anyway”

No comments: