Unfortunately, in many languages the words for emotions and feelings are the virtually the same. Anger and angry, Fear and afraid, etc. Using different words for feelings may help you to differentiate them from the signals of emotion. For example:
• Anger surfaces – You feel mad
• Fear surfaces – You feel scared
• Sadness surfaced – You feel bad-sad
• Joy surfaces – You feel glad
• Euphoria surfaces – You feel wow!
It is possible to tech this to four and five year old children. If they can learn to do this, so can you. You may enjoy reading a story about that entitled: If a Child Can . . .