Monday, April 15, 2019

Brain Shrinkage & Dementia, 4

If what you typically eat is low in B12, what can you do? There are B-12 injections one can take (but I’m not too jazzed about taking injections even if I did begin my career as a nurse). Some companies that source vitamins do sell B12 drops that are taken under the tongue for easy absorption. I look for non-synthetic forms of methylcobalamin. Breakfast cereals fortified with vitamin B12 are another food option. I personally take a supplement from IMPaX World Inc that contains B12 and L-theanine. Brain imaging studies have shown that higher levels of homocysteine have been associated with smaller brain size. Some researchers suggest that elderly people with early evidence of memory impairment should see their physician to discuss their homocysteine level and appropriate vitamin supplementation considered as advised.

No comments: