Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year's Eve

My brain always like New Year's Eve better than some of the other holidays. Maybe because my brain's energy advantage is in the right front lobe, the cerebral division that embraces change,  loves variety, and looks ahead to anticipate what new and wonderful life adventure is just around the corner. Never one to write a list of New Year's resolutions, I preferred to set a personal goal that could be tweaked along the way as life changed along the way. Sort of like the quote attributed to Cyril Cusack: If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am. I've been working on discovering that for most of my adult life (and it is a life-long process) . . . it's getting easier and more fun, actually. I'm learning to ask myself directly: "What do you want in life?"  And then answering the questions directly. Identifying that doesn't mean I will always get what I want in life but it does mean I know what that is--and you're more likely to get what you want when you know what that is. If you don't know where you're going any road will get you there. Happy New Year's Eve--the brink of another year. I, for one ,am happy to be alive to step over the brink into 2015.

No comments: