Dangling Participles IV – a grammatical faux pas
· Having finished off my dinner, the waiter offered to bring out a selection of desserts.
· Waiting for the school bus, time dragged by very slowly.
· One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. (Groucho Marx)
· That man caught a catfish with a hat on.
· After returning from the dead, my sister set the plants outside.
· The teacher’s aide passed out sandwiches to all the first graders in plastic bags.
· Leaving the store, the frothy latte fell and exploded all over the man waiting at the bus stop.