Monday, December 5, 2022

Age & Passage of Time

When I was age seven, I thought Xmas would never come! At age seventy-seven I can hardly believe it is already here AGAIN! Does time speed up as we age?

According to scientists, time does not change (except for standard versus daylight savings time—and personally I wish it were one or the other!). Mathematically my father used to tell my brother and me that at age six, a year is one sixth of your whole life, a very long time in terms of a child’s total experience. When you are age sixty, a year is one sixtieth of your whole life. There is a huge difference in ratio between one sixth and one sixtieth. Because of that it is almost as if the relative time of one year becomes compressed as you age. Studies indicate that the brain’s perception of time does change as individuals get older. As you age, your perception of time alters in other ways as well.

 Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor 

No comments: