Friday, March 25, 2022

Brain Breathing

 You do not have to imagine looking at a box to do beneficial Brain Breathing (a few brains have extreme difficulty attempting to picture something in their brain). I count and do Brain Breathing slightly differently from Box Breathing.

 1.     Inhale through your nose to a count of 4 – make sure your abdomen extends out, pushed down by your diaphragm

2.     Hold your breath to a count of 12 – this gives more time for the red blood cells to absorb oxygen from the air

3.     Exhale through pursed lips to a count of 8 – this helps to help empty the lungs and exercise those muscles

 I do this when I first get up in the morning and at any time during the day when I need to recharge my brain or let some accumulated stress go. 

 A new audio podcast is posted every Saturday morning

https://anchor.fm/arlene-r-taylor


No comments: