Monday, March 14, 2022

Weight Stigma

My child exceeds the weight recommendations for someone of the same age, gender, and size. Significantly exceeds! This is resulting in my kid getting bullied at school and called every mean name you can think of. The teacher suggested I could role-model healthy eating since my child always goes for sweets and deserts at school. Okay, I know I’ve been a poor role-model. I gained 50 pounds with the twins (now 2 years old) and I never took them off. I think I just gave up and probably have almost doubled that weight gain. Thankfully the teacher did not make blunt comments about like parent, like child. What can I do?

It is difficult for a child to become what he or she does not see. Children much more easily can become what they see a parent or an adult doing. Stop concentrating on your weight and telling yourself that you do not want to be fat and on and on. That will simply keep your brain consumed with what you do not want to do. How much you weigh begins in your brain. I suggest you get serious about creating and living a Longevity Lifestyle that will gradually help you be healthier and resculpt your body in the process. More tomorrow.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor


No comments: