Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Avoid Shortening Your Lifespan

It appears that many have underestimated the critical importance of 6-8 hours of uninterrupted, slow-wave sleep. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard a variation on this lament: “There is simply too much to do. I work 8-10 hours a day at work, then come home and make dinner.  I have to help the kids with their homework and make lunches for school the next day, and housework is never done. I cannot afford the time to get more than 4-5 hours of sleep per night—and sometimes less.” Previous research has suggested that losing one hour of sleep each night that your brain needs, will shorten your life. I would rather miss doing some tasks that are not essential in the big picture of life in favor of a long, and healthy lifespan. Sleep deprivation is deadly over time. I doubt I will ever wish that I had spent more time on household tasks!

 
I appreciate you subscribing to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor 

No comments: