Monday, August 1, 2022

Naps Cannot Compensate

“I only sleep a few hours at night but like to take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. My doctor says that is unhealthy. I don’t get it!”

 Michigan State University released study results that reported: “naps do not restore cognitive function if you are not getting 6-8 hours of uninterrupted slow-wave sleep.” Based on this information I would say your doctor knows what he or she is talking about, and if you want to live a long and healthy life, it would be prudent to pay attention. Reportedly, the study looked at two specifics: 1) Vigilant attention: an ability to consistently pay attention over time; 2) Place-keeping: an ability to follow a specific sequence of steps accurately without missing or repeating any.

 Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/braingurutaylor


No comments: