Friday, August 12, 2022

Glymphatic System & Sleep Position

“I always sleep on my back or stomach because I don’t want to wrinkle my face.”

The general consensus seems to be that if you sleep on you back you may reduce facial wrinkles. “Hopkins Medicine” suggests that sleep position may need to be adjusted for what is better for your health. For example, it has been known for a long time that pregnant women in the third trimester maximize circulation for both mother and fetus by sleeping on their left side. For people with GERD problems, sleeping on their left side may lower the risk of symptoms. Studies suggest that in terms of the glymphatic system draining waste products from the brain, sleeping on your right side may be a good option. It may also help protect people with heart failure from further health damage. For me, I’d take the wrinkles rather than risk Alzheimer’s because my beta-amyloid waste was not being efficiently discarded.

 A new AUDIO podcast is posted every Saturday morning

https://anchor.fm/arlene-r-taylor

A new VIDEO podcast is posted every Saturday morning

https://open.spotify.com/show/3uYHO9ryZiBXDNMnUFgu3e 

No comments: