Here are more tongue-in-cheek lessons from mother. When you were a kid did you ever tell yourself, “I will NEVER say that to my kids,” only to hear yourself doing so?
• My mother taught me medical science: “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way! Then what will you do?”
• My mother taught me the circle of life: “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!”
• My mother taught me about weather: “You room looks like a tornado went through it!”
• My mother taught me about contortionism: “Just look at the dirt on the back of your neck, will you?”
• My mother taught me about politics: “You can’t go out in public looking like that! What will people think of me?”