Researcher Mihály Csikszentmihalyi and author of Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience has described the flow experience as one in which individuals perceive:
- · Very little sense of the passing of time or it seems to be flying by
- · Whatever you are doing is clicking along almost effortlessly
- · The tasks or situation is rewarding and you’d like it to keep going
- · You have some control over the task
- · You are easily and pleasurably absorbed in the task—are in the zone or in the groove—and dislike interruptions
Can you identify a time or times when this was true for you? What were you doing when this occurred?