Thursday, January 23, 2020

Accelerating Brain Aging

I read a recent Gallup poll indicating that the majority of Americans favor legalizing marijuana for recreational use. So how come you don’t promote this?

I try never to promote anything that has been shown to be potentially harmful to brain function. You might find it interesting to know that Dr. Daniel Amen recently reported on results from a new study. His research may represent the largest brain imaging study ever reported, involving involved SPECT brain imaging studies of more than 30,000 people. The study found that marijuana use accelerates aging of the brain by 0.6 years and alcohol consumption by 2.8 years. I am not the least bit interested in accelerating the aging of my brain. Therefore, I would consider it completely irresponsible on my part to recommend using marijuana for recreational use or alcohol for that matter.

No comments: