Monday, January 13, 2020

Supercentenarians



I’ve heard you say you are aiming to be a “supercentenarian.” Whatever for? And are there really supercentenarians on this planet?

I’ll take your last question first. There arereportedlymany supercentenarians on Planet Earth. I doubt anyone knows a valid number because record-keeping for some may be scanty or missing altogether. One estimate suggested that there may be nearly 600 individuals who are 110 years old or older alive at any one time these days. Some people are living longer than “three-score and twenty.” There are more females reported to be over 100; but the males that are centenarians tend to be healthier than the females.  “Whatever for?” Because I love life and living and there are many more things I would like to experience and accomplish. I also believe that a person tends to get further (or farther) when the individual aims higher.

No comments: