Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

Quite frankly, I cannot think of anything for which to be thankful about today. The world is in a mess, to say nothing of the US, and Australia and California due to all the fires. And that’s not even beginning with COVID-19. I’m alive but several friends and family are not. Just saying!

 Well, “Just saying,” it has been a challenging year—challenging several years, actually. However, not being thankful will not improve anything and can actually make you feel even worse. Your comments have prompted me to find things for which I can be thankful. There always is something! Yes, getting to travel around the world and share information about brain function has been curtailed, thanks to COVID-19. However, along with many others on planet earth, I am reinventing myself and having fun doing it. I have a wonderful family of choice, and although we cannot all be together on Thanksgiving, we chat via mobile phone or zoom. We have enough to eat and a place to live. Everywhere I look there are those less fortunate than me. The “joy of service” helps to keep my brain thankful. Are you looking down and back or up and forward? It’s your choice and what you choose can impact your brain-body health. 

No comments: